|Prayer BreakfastHeld each Tuesday at 7:00 AM for the purpose of praying for the needs of the community.Missions
- Latimer gives annual support to Rev. Bill Lovelace, a missionary in the Ukraine.
- We also faithfully support general church missions through payment of apportionments – our fair share of the general ministries of the United Methodist Church.
Latimer is a regular supporter of the following local missions by our prayers our presence our gifts and our service:
- January: Planning Meeting; Support BIMA yard & bake sale; Patrick B. Harris clothing, magazines, Bibles support; Souper Bowl Sunday
- February: Community Service with other Belton Churches; Life Line Screening; Blood Drive
- March: Fifth Sunday Food Drive for BIMA; Women in the Pulpit -Rhea Kinard speaker; Cookies, bibles, prayers for Kairos Prison Ministries
- April: Clothing drive for Patrick Harris Psychiatric Hospital; a case of Bibles and magazines
- May: Sponsor a Team for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society).
- June: Fifth Sunday Food Bank offering for BIMA; Salkehatchie (Lunch for participants)
- July: Life Line Health Screening space provided; paper products, toys, personal items, etc. for Hospice House
- August: Special drive for BIMA focusing on food and school items for children; Fifth Sunday Food Drive for BIMA
- September: Kairos Prison Ministries support
- October: Operation Christmas Child shoe box ministry (Samaritan’s Purse); Food offering for Haven of Rest Ministries
- November: Community Thanksgiving Lunch (17 Churches of Belton provide and deliver lunches to 450 community residents that express a need)
- December: Angel Tree presents for needy children!